10 things to love about Kenya
10. The second someone makes eye contact with you( even on the street) you will receive a hello.There's no ifs ands or buts about it.
9. Everyone speaks at least 2 languages. We were walking down the street in Kisersian town and I heard everything from Dutch to Swahili to Kimaasai, kikuyu, Somali, luhya. It's amazing.
8. There's a sense of adventure in everything you do. You could be walking to the local market and you will feel as if you've got a purpose in this world. That there will be "obstacles, roadblocks" in your life but that the overall goal will be accomplished with style and passion.
7. There's still hope. Nothing is set in stone here. Do you want to be an engineer? A member of parliament? Simply a family woman or man with enough for your children and your dreams? Do you want to travel the world, make huge amounts of money? Well Kenya has those possibilities still open. In America you have to work twice as hard, in Kenya you simply have to be smart. You have to network and know exactly where you want to end up. You need to do the work... But you don't have to work twice as much.
6. Fresh meat and produce! You can never tell me that biting into a mango you've picked off of the tree is not amazing. Nature is quite literally the center of everything. It provides and you take care of it.
5. Family Every single person has their family. No matter the issues in the dynamic, family always takes care of family.
4. Cows have rights Seeing a herd of cows crossing the road just as you find a nice section of Tarmac is not rare. Just remember, In Maasai land if you hit a cow with a car you will be sued.
3. You can see red sand, desert like terrain, and the ocean all in one days trip.
2. All of the wild animals still roam free Last year a watch man got his left butt cheek bitten off by two lions. He survived to tell the hilarious tale.
1. There is never a dull moment Kenya still has so many things to do, places to see and things to invent, that simply sitting at home to watch soap operas never crossed your mind.
Anyways here are a few photos Enjoy!